What is Cryotherapy and what does it treat?
CryoPen is an advanced cryotherapy innovation that is a fast, effective, safe and new solution for removal of skin imperfections. Procedures typically last from 5 to 30 seconds, so you can be in and out of the salon quickly.
The CryoPen emits a fine jet of nitrous oxide under high pressure, which allows the clinician to work with millimetre precision. This destroys the tissue by freezing the inter-cellular fluid, forming ice shards and crystals which rupture the membrane, thereby destroying the cell.That means there will be no collateral damage to healthy tissue. It’s so incredibly accurate and practical.
Cosmetic procedures such as skin tags, milia and cherry angiomas are no longer being treated by many doctors on the NHS. With the CryoPen you can now have these treatments in the salon.
CryoPen offers the ideal treatment for:
– Skin tags
– Solar lentigo
– Age spots
– Cherry angioma
– Viral Verrucae
How it works?
First cycle – freeze
The applicator is held as close as possible to the skin imperfection and moved quickly towards and away from it. This could be from 1 – 30 seconds, depending on the size and depth.
After the first freeze cycle, the tissue is allowed to thaw for about 30 seconds.
Second cycle – freeze
Now the second freeze cycle will begin. The tissue will freeze faster than during the first freeze cycle.
Frequently asked questions:
Are there any side effects?
Cryotherapy is relatively low risk. There are a few side effects that may occur as a result of treatment, including:
– Pigmentary changes (hypopigmentation and hyperpigmentation) if this happens skin colour normally returns after a few months.
– Nerve damage (particularly in areas where nerves lie close to the surface of the skin, on fingers, wrist, area behind the ear) Reports show that normal sensitivity returns after a few months
– Shards of frozen ice (minor shards of frozen ice may blow out, that will thaw on contact with healthy skin).
– Hair follicle damage and permanent alopecia (especially when treating on sites with coarse terminal hair). Discuss any concerns you have with your clinician.
How long are CryoPen treatments?
The duration of the treatment time will depend on the surface area and the thickness of the tissue being treated. Upon the clinical evaluation of the depth of the area, the clinician will choose an application time from 1 to 30 seconds.
How much will the treatment cost?
The cost of treatment will depend on the size of the area. Book a free consultation with our therapist to discuss costs and to assess your area.
How safe is cryotherapy?
Cryotherapy is a relatively low-risk procedure. CryoPen delivers N20 directly to the area, and not the healthy surrounding tissue. CryoPen is both CE and FDA registered.
Is the treatment painful?
There will be a pain sensation similar to a stinging nettle on the skin when the nitrous oxide reaches the bottom of the area. There might be a little residual stinging for a few minutes after the treatment. The area will be slightly itchy for about ten minutes. Occasionally a blister might form and persist for a few hours.
What if I have darker skin?
All skin types may be treated with freeze times adjusted to suit each individual client.
– In a matter of seconds you can have flawless skin
– Removes unsightly skin tags, warts and age spots for that perfect finish
– Minimally invasive